How am I able to support the RL 150 Campaign?
A small group of mainly London based alumni led by Angus Innes have been very generously supporting our current bursary programme, but they cannot be expected to continue this on their own indefinitely. So we will be looking for key activators for Red Lion 150. For example, we worked with the Captains from 1988-1992 in Q4 2016, and we successfully trialled a well-structured approach which we plan to roll out. So please expect contact from the Club during the course of 2017.
We are also very grateful to those alumni who have already made pledges and indeed made direct contributions during the development and planning stage of the campaign in 2016. However, in order to provide the funds to get Red Lion 150 running properly, and also to meet the short-term deficit referred to earlier, we urgently need to identify another 8-10 people who will be prepared to make a significant contribution to lay the firm foundations required for Red Lion 150 to proceed. We are already talking to a number of people, but if we haven’t contacted you directly, and you would like to know more about how you can help at this stage, then please contact Rob Heginbotham on email@example.com or 07771 760822.
Individuals who support the campaign at this early stage will be invited to join the Campaign Advisory Board (CAB) which will provide advice, contacts, and also the required level of corporate governance and oversight required for a campaign of this scale.
I would like to help now, but I don’t see myself as a big hitter!
Red Lion 150 has been designed with the principles of Flexibility and Inclusivity firmly in mind – we recognise that people have had different levels of engagement with CURUFC and Rugby in Cambridge and they may wish to support particular areas and that they will wish to contribute at different levels. The most important thing is that large numbers of you get involved!
There will be some key ways to get involved:
- The next couple of events are the 70th Steele-Bodger Match at Grange Road on 22nd November 2017 and the 2017 Varsity Match at Twickenham stadium on 7th December. For any further details about these events please contact Nykki Webber on 01223 354 131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name a seat at Grange Road. We have 400 seats in the main pavilion and we plan to renew these as part of Red Lion150, and you name can be on one of them in perpetuity! We will be announcing details of this initiative shortly.
- Leave the Club a legacy. For some people this may be an attractive option – please contact Matthew Chester (email@example.com) if you would like more information.
- All Alumni, including recent leavers – any donation you can make will be most welcome. We recognise that many of those who have graduated recently may not be able to afford a major contribution currently – special affordable options are being put in place for you.
How to Give
Any financial contribution towards the progression of CURUFC, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated by everyone at the Club. There are a number of ways you can give:
- Bank Transfer
- Direct Debit
- Credit/Debit Card
- University Giving Page
If it is more preferable for you to write about any of the above, please send your correspondence to:
University Football Ground
Giving from North America
If you are a US taxpayer, you can give online via Cambridge in America (CAm) at www.cantab.org/giveonline. CAm is a registered 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization in the US. All gifts to CAm are allocated at the discretion of its Board of Directors and as such are tax-deductible for US taxpayers to the full extent allowed by law. For more information on ways to give please visit the CAm’s website.
Having entered your college and Matriculation year please add the free text below to the following questions:
- Would you like this gift to be designated for your College(s), the University, or both?:
- Is this gift is in response to a specific appeal, and/or intended for a specific program or purpose?:
Levels of Giving
Core Structure *
- 1871 Patron Status – £100k plus
- Benefactor Status – £50k plus
- 2021 Club – £25K plus
- Seat Naming – £5K plus
- Base Level Donors – £2,021 over 5 years – monthly or annual
*Base amounts excluding Gift Aid and Tax relief effect